Soccer and Lacrosse Fields Safety Guidelines
Phase 1: Safety Guidelines
Providing a safe environment for athletes, coaches, and families on campus, as well as our team members and our local community, is the top priority for LakePoint Sports. It is important for all guests to know that our team went through a thoughtful and methodical process before reopening our campus, which includes incorporating federal, state, and local safety guidelines for athletic venues.
While on campus, we encourage you to practice safe distancing and proper hygiene at all times. Safety guidelines are posted around the campus. Adherence to these guidelines is vital to maintaining a safe environment for everyone on our campus.
For additional details on the CDC health and safety guidelines, please visit CDC.gov/coronavirus
For additional details on health and safety guidelines for the State of Georgia, please visit dph.georgia.gov/
How LakePoint Sports is Providing a Safe Environment (Soccer and Lacrosse Fields)
- Adhering to recommended federal, state, and local safety guidelines
- Limiting capacity at the venue to not exceed federal and state guidelines
- Increased frequency of sanitation of high touch areas, bathrooms, etc.
- Utilizing industry best ionized water cleaning system
- Increased hand sanitizer locations located throughout the campus
- Increased training of all LakePoint Sports team members on safety guidelines
- Increased training of all LakePoint Sports team members on PPE usage
- Wearing proper PPE by all LakePoint Sports team members when on campus
- Screening of LakePoint Sports team members for signs of illness
- Providing separate entrances and exits for the venue and all courts
- Communicating all safety guidelines throughout campus
- Providing safety guidelines online at LakePointSports.com/SafetyGuidelines
- Food and Beverage service is temporarily unavailable
- On premise retail/on premise sales locations are temporarily unavailable
- No water cooler service provided
- Deactivating all water fountains
- Free parking is available
- All transactions are cashless
- Dedicated team members will be onsite to assist with any questions or needs
*This sport/venue specific list will be updated frequently as new information is available.
Updated Phase 1: Safety Guidelines for Soccer and Lacrosse
Training and Field Rentals
- Before participating in any event at LakePoint Sports, all coaches and parents must sign a waiver of understanding and agreement to follow all expectations set forth by LakePoint Sports.
- One person or household in bathrooms at a time.
- All guests on campus must adhere to all CDC guidelines to practice proper hygiene
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and warm water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with others (e.g. no handshakes, fist bumps or high fives).
- No more than 25 players or coaches per half field.
- The field is not available until the preceding team exits and the field is properly sanitized.
- All athletes and coaches should space themselves as much as possible throughout the event and maintain 6’ safe distancing when possible.
- There will be designated entrances and exits for the fields that athletes should use for before and after an event, practice or clinic.
- LakePoint Sports will not be providing water coolers. a) Athletes and coaches are responsible for bringing their own hydration. i. These must be in the form of individual bottles per player or coach with their respective name or number.
- Soccer balls and lacrosse balls should be sanitized with CDC recommended cleaning solutions at the beginning and end of the event.
- Teams are responsible for informing participants prior to the event by email, detailed instructions for the event format and proper guidelines to maintain safe distancing.
- Teams are responsible for screening coaches, managers, staff, and athletes before practice & events to determine if it is safe for the team members and coaches to be at events at Lakepoint Sports:
- All athletes and coaches will adhere to the current LakePoint Sports safety guidelines for current health status.
- Stay home if you're sick or not feeling well
- Athletes and coaches will be not be allowed to participate if you have any of the following:
- Temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Or have traveled to areas of known infection in the last 14 days and have not come in contact in the last 14 days with anyone showing symptoms
- Or at least two of the following symptoms
- Chills, shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell
- We strongly encourage all coaches and team managers to wear a face mask or facial covering during the event.
- Team benches are temporarily unavailable.
- Teams must leave the field immediately after events, practices or clinics.
- There shall be no coaches/team meetings at the fields before or after an event.
- Spectators will be limited to the amount of people that can fit in the venue while maintaining safe distancing guidelines. a) LakePoint Sports team members will be monitoring limits at the entrance.
- Spectator seating will be temporarily unavailable.
- Spectators are strongly encouraged to bring their own chairs and maintain safe distancing and will not be allowed on the field.
- Spectator seating will be limited and required to maintain 6’ safe distancing for non-family units, roommates or cohabitating persons.
- Spectators are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask or facial covering during the event.
- Coaches will remind athletes at the beginning of the event about the format and proper safety guidelines and to maintain safe distancing.
- Coaches should provide hand sanitizer for athletes before an event.
- Coaches are encouraged to sanitize all their equipment prior to the event.
- Coaches should refrain from physical contact including high fives, fist bumps, handshakes, etc.
- Athletes are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask or facial covering when they are not competing.
- We strongly encourage athletes to travel to and from the venue alone or with immediate family members.
- Athletes should refrain from physical contact including high fives, fist bumps, handshakes, etc.
- Athletes and coaches should refrain from spitting on the field.
- Athletes should not take off their shirts during an event or share jerseys or pinnies during the event.
- Athletes are to utilize the field space available to house equipment.
- All equipment must be properly distanced across the field.