Beach Volleyball Safety Guidelines
Phase 2: Safety Guidelines
In accordance with Governor Kemp’s November 30 Executive Order, LakePoint Sports remains in Phase 2 of our reopening plan for all events at the Beach Volleyball Pavilion.
LakePoint Sports remains in Phase 2 of reopening our campus and providing a safe environment for athletes, coaches, and families on campus, as well as our team members and our local community, remains the top priority for LakePoint Sports. It is important for all guests to know that our team went through a thoughtful and methodical process before moving into phase 2, which includes hundreds of safety guidelines and incorporates federal, state, and local requirements for athletic venues.
While on campus, we encourage you to practice safe distancing and proper hygiene at all times. Safety guidelines are posted around the campus and at LakePointSports.com/SafetyGuidelines. Adherence to these guidelines is vital to maintaining a safe environment for everyone on our campus.
For additional details on the CDC health and safety guidelines, please visit CDC.gov/coronavirus
For additional details on health and safety guidelines for the State of Georgia, please visit dph.georgia.gov/
How LakePoint Sports is Providing a Safe Environment (Beach Volleyball Pavilion)
1. Adhering to required and or recommended federal, state, and local safety guidelines
2. Limiting capacity at the venue for the safety of all guests and in accordance with federal and state guidelines
3. Requiring all athletes and coaches to sign a waiver acknowledging that they have read the LakePoint Sports safety guidelines
4. Increased frequency of sanitation of high touch areas, bathrooms, dugouts, etc.
5. Utilizing industry best ionized water cleaning system
6. Increased hand sanitizer locations located throughout the campus
7. Continued training of all LakePoint Sports team members on safety guidelines
8. Continued training of all LakePoint Sports team members on PPE usage
9. Wearing proper PPE by LakePoint Sports team members when interacting with guests
10. Daily screenings of LakePoint Sports team members for signs of illness before they begin work
11. Providing separate entrances and exits at the venue and for all fields
12. Posted signs communicating all safety guidelines throughout campus
13. Providing safety guidelines online at LakePointSports.com/SafetyGuidelines
14. Limited Food and Beverage service will be available with enhanced safety guidelines
15. On premise retail/sales locations will be available with enhanced safety guidelines
16. No water cooler service provided
17. All water fountains will be deactivated
18. All transactions are cashless
19. Dedicated team members will be onsite to assist with any questions or needs
*This sport/venue specific list will be updated frequently as new information is available.
1. Before participating in any event at LakePoint Sports, all coaches and parents must sign a waiver of understanding and agreement to follow all expectations set forth by LakePoint Sports.
2. One person or household in bathrooms at a time.
3. All guests on campus should adhere to all CDC guidelines to practice proper hygiene
a) Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
b) If soap and warm water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
c) Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
d) Avoid close contact with others (e.g. no handshakes, fist bumps or high fives)
4. Arrive as close to your start time as possible. If you arrive early do one of the following:
a) Please stay in your vehicle
b) Please stay outside the fence/gate without touching anything
c) Please practice safe distancing from other guests not in your immediate family or household
5. The court is not available until the preceding team exits the court.
6. Only coaches, athletes and referees allowed on the court.
7. Entrance and exit directional flow will be clearly marked.
a) All guests must follow directional flow.
8. If a ball from another court enters your court, utilize your foot to kick it back.
9. LakePoint Sports and Rally will not be providing water coolers.
a) Athletes and coaches are responsible for bringing their own hydration.
i. These must be in the form of individual bottles per player or coach with their respective name or number.
ii. During breaks, please maintain 6’ of safe distancing.
10. All guests including athletes and coaches are strongly encouraged to not congregate in the parking lot.
11. Showers are temporarily unavailable.
12. Only 10 individuals allowed per court including coaches for practices, training, and games.
1. Limiting spectator capacity at the venue for the safety of all guests and in accordance with federal and state guidelines
a) LakePoint Sports team members will be monitoring limits at the entrance.
b) Strongly recommending only 2 spectators per athlete giving every athlete the opportunity to have a family member watch them play.
2. Spectators are strongly encouraged to bring their own chair as seating will be temporarily unavailable.
3. Spectators are required to maintain 6’ safe distancing for non-family units, roommates or cohabitating persons.
4. Spectators are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask or facial covering during the event.
1. Teams must leave the court immediately after the event.
2. There shall be no coach/player meetings at the Beach Pavilion before or after practice.
3. Team meetings are strongly encouraged to occur virtually over the phone.
4. If the team wins a medal or prize:
a) Prizes will be awarded in a timely fashion.
b) Pictures will be taken from a safe distance.
1. Coaches are responsible for informing participants prior to the event by email, detailed instructions for the event format and proper guidelines to maintain safe distancing.
2. Coaches are responsible for screening staff and athletes before practice & events to determine if it is safe for the team members and coaches to be at events at Lakepoint Sports:
a) All athletes and coaches will adhere to the current LakePoint Sports safety guidelines for current health status.
b) Stay home if you are sick or not feeling well
c) Athletes and coaches will be not be allowed to participate if you have any of the following:
i. Temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
iii. Shortness of breath
iv. Difficulty breathing
v. Or have traveled to areas of known infection in the last 10 days and have not come in contact in the last 10 days with anyone showing symptoms.
vi. Or at least two of the following symptoms
1. Chills, shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell
3. Coaches should space themselves as much as possible throughout events and practices and maintain 6’ safe distancing.
4. Coaches are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask or facial covering during the event.
5. Coaches should provide hand sanitizer for athletes before an event.
6. Coaches are responsible for bringing their own volleyballs for training and practices.
7. Coaches are encouraged to sanitize all volleyballs and personal gear prior to practice.
8. Coaches should refrain from physical contact including high fives, fist bumps, handshakes, etc.
1. Athletes should space themselves as much as possible throughout events and practices and maintain 6’ safe distancing when they are not competing.
2. Athletes are strongly recommended to wear face mask or facial covering when they are not competing.
3. Athletes are strongly encouraged to travel to and from the venue alone or with immediate family members.
4. Athletes are responsible for bringing their own volleyballs for training and practices.
5. Athletes should refrain from physical contact including high fives, fist bumps, handshakes, etc.
6. Athletes are to utilize the pavilion space available to house equipment and personal items.
a) All equipment and personal property must be properly distanced across the pavilion and court and not shared with others.
7. Male athletes are strongly encouraged to keep on their shirt while on campus.
8. Athletes are strongly encouraged to change shirts after the event is over.
1. Bring your own hand sanitizer to your court.
2. Bring your own water bottles to your court.
3. One athlete or coach per match should retrieve 2 sanitized balls from the Tournament Director.
a) Volleyballs will not be shared between courts.
b) Volleyballs will not be shared between matches.
4. Athletes should space themselves and maintain 6’ safe distancing to the extent possible. a) No handshakes, high fives, or huddles.
b) Switch sides of courts by walking clockwise toward pole creating a safe distance between athletes.
5. Coaches should keep social distance as you would during practices.
6. A coin toss will not begin the match.
a) Matches will start with rock, paper, scissors.
7. Rakes and other equipment should be handled by LakePoint Sports and Rally team members only.
8. Competition balls should not be touched with your hands except by athletes on the court.
a) If a ball from other team enters the court, kick it back to the team it belongs to.
9. One athlete or coach per match finalizes the competition.
a) Bring both volleyballs to the Tournament Director desk to be disinfected between matches.
b) Report scores to the Tournament Director.
1. Every team will be provided with one clipboard, one writing utensil and scoresheets.
a) Bringing your own pen/pencil or clipboard is perfectly acceptable.
b) Each clipboard and pen will be sanitized prior to arrival and after departure.
2. It is the responsibility of each team to maintain the supplies during the course of the event
a) Do not let others touch the supplies.
b) Bring the supplies with you to/from your court as needed for referee duties.
3. Only one referee per court unless the second individual is a member of the same household or the 2 referees are sitting at least a safe distance of 6’ apart.
4. Turn in supplies back to the Tournament Director at the conclusion of the day.